recently signed up to the infochimps api and wanted to do something quick and dirty to get a feel for it.
so here's a little experiment
- get the people i follow on twitter
- look up the words that "represent" them according to the infochimps word bag api
- build a similiarity matrix based on the common use of those terms
- plot the connectivity for the top 30 or so pairings
it's basically partitioned into three groups...
- veztek (my boss john) and smcinnes (steve from the lonely planet community team) in the top right
- a big clump of nosqlness with mongodb - hbase - jpatanooga - kevinweil in the bottom left
- everyone else
an interesting enough result given the time taken; the codes on github