recorded a high level explainer on objax while doing some chores. i think it's going to be a growing genre :)...
based on my three strikes rule i wrote a talk on the map interpretation of neural attention.it starts with the first NLP problem i saw where attention was used, goes through the way i think about attention in...
awhile back i did a talk on self supervised learning; here's a rerecording of it!...
recently i changed what was quite clumsy looking code in something more elegant using a cool function in numpy called einsum and felt it was worth writing up.this example is just going to be...
i gave a talk at the melbourne ml/ai meetup on using cross entropy for metric learning.here are the slides slidesand here's a recording; check it out!...
i gave a talk at the melbourne data engineering meetup on "data engineering concerns for machine learning products"there was no recording :( (sad panda) but there are at least slides :)check them out!...
i gave a talk at yow! data recently on learning to learn.there's an official recording on the yow datayoutube channel but since they missed out a bunch of my slides i did a slides-only-remix...
did a talk on deep rl for robots at melbourne ml/aicheck it out!...
bnn : counting bees with a rasp pi
drivebot : learning to do laps with reinforcement learning and neural nets
wikipedia philosophy : do all first links on wikipedia lead to philosophy?
cartpole++ : deep RL hacking with a complex 3d cart pole environment
malmomo : deep RL hacking on minecraft with malmo
some papers from my time at google research / brain...
- Natural Questions: a Benchmark for Question Answering Research
- Using Simulation and Domain Adaptation to Improve Efficiency of Deep Robotic Grasping
- WikiReading: A Novel Large-scale Language Understanding Task over Wikipedia
my honours thesis
the co-evolution of cooperative behaviour (1997) evolving neural nets with genetic algorithms for communication problems.
- latent semantic analysis via the singular value decomposition (for dummies)
- semi supervised naive bayes
- statistical synonyms
- round the world tweets
- decomposing social graphs on twitter
- do it yourself statistically improbable phrases
- should i burn it?
- the median of a trillion numbers
- deduping with resemblance metrics
- simple supervised learning / should i read it?
- audioscrobbler experiments
- chaoscope experiment