tpu, ensemble_nets, jax, projects, haiku
a 4 (and a bit) part tutorial / colab / screencast series starting with jax fundamentals working up a data parallel approach to running on a cloud tpu pod slice... all focused on solving the toughest problem in machine learning; 1d y=mx+b
objax, jax, projects
a series of small experiments on using focal loss to do out of distribution detection
gan, jax, projects, objax
a GAN experiment to generate dithers minimising pixel change between frames for a very slow movie player.
objax, projects, ensemble_nets, jax
ensemble nets; using jax vmap to batch over not just the inputs of a model but also sets of multiple models parameters.
evolving a controller for cartpole using an evolutionary algorithm that operates directly on the byte level of a serialised tf lite microcontroller model.
a half baked attempt to train a pix2pix model on dash cam videos from a roadtrip around the eastern state of the u.s.
an example of using time contrastive networks to learn embeddings for the pose of a kuka arm in a pybullet simulated grasping environment.
training a fully convolutional unet to count bees from a raspberry pi stuck to the side of a hive.
a pybullet 3d version of cartpole where the pole isn't connected to the cart and you have to learn from pixels.
using reinforcement learning to train neural nets for driving a simulated robot around a track.
using hadoop and a wikipedia dump to test the hypothesis that all first links on pages eventually lead to philosophy.
ensemble nets : training ensembles as a single model using jax on a tpu pod slice(sept 2020)
bnn : counting bees with a rasp pi (may 2018)
drivebot : learning to do laps with reinforcement learning and neural nets (feb 2016)
wikipedia philosophy : do all first links on wikipedia lead to philosophy? (aug 2011)
cartpole++ : deep RL hacking with a complex 3d cart pole environment (aug 2016)
malmomo : deep RL hacking on minecraft with malmo (jan 2017)
some papers from my time at google research / brain...
- Natural Questions: a Benchmark for Question Answering Research
- Using Simulation and Domain Adaptation to Improve Efficiency of Deep Robotic Grasping
- WikiReading: A Novel Large-scale Language Understanding Task over Wikipedia
my honours thesis
the co-evolution of cooperative behaviour (1997) evolving neural nets with genetic algorithms for communication problems.
- latent semantic analysis via the singular value decomposition (for dummies)
- semi supervised naive bayes
- statistical synonyms
- round the world tweets
- decomposing social graphs on twitter
- do it yourself statistically improbable phrases
- should i burn it?
- the median of a trillion numbers
- deduping with resemblance metrics
- simple supervised learning / should i read it?
- audioscrobbler experiments
- chaoscope experiment